Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Angels Among Us

How do you repay an Angel? You can’t. Heaven sent an angel to help me through many hard times, even although she deserves so much more herself. Liana Kinikini, DNP seldom has time for herself, and she calls me nearly every day to check how I’m feeling.

Early on, she showed a desire to become a nurse, and she studied and worked hard to get her nursing degree. Long days and longer nights took a toll, but she never gave up. After receiving her Nursing degree, she worked in many different hospitals and has given so much service in ways we can only imagine. I have heard how much her patients have loved her caring and thoughtful ways.

Liana gets calls from many family members, and because they are usually sick she drops everything she might have planned to accommodate their wishes. It isn’t easy to be on call waiting at pharmacies to get emergency medication for aunties, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters, and especially her own mother and father.

Growing up, Liana was always aware of my needs, and they took precedence over her own needs and wants. She has been there as my friend, confidant, and supporter. If anyone unfortunately said something against me, she always had my back, even though I may have deserved it. She never scolds or complains, only persuades with patience and compassion.

I have mutated DNA which has manifested itself in poor health in mind and body over many years. Liana is the oldest of four children, and I feel like she has more maternal instincts than I have ever had. Never mind that she wanted a large family, and has been blessed with one beautiful daughter who is growing up so fast.

It is not enough to give a “shout out” to my daughter, Liana.  Being the offspring of a multi-cultural marriage, and juggling all the cultures, traditions, and responsibilities of being the oldest girl, she has to spread herself in several ways to oblige often ridiculous expectations.

I just returned from the hospital this week where I had surgery. When I first went to the Emergency Room in terrific pain, my husband did as I requested and told Liana over the phone not to come, but true to her nature, she was at my side in no time at all. And she refused to leave, even though she has her own husband, daughter and job to care for.

I hope that this small tribute to Liana can show her how very much she is loved and appreciated for all she does for me particularly, and the Utah society generally.

http://www.jordanlandingclinic.com/about-us/

No comments: